IVF can be used in different situations:
- With patients with a tubarian factor that difficults the egg and the sperm finding each other in the Fallopian tubes.
- If there is a severe male factor and the quality of the sperm is not good enough for an IUI.
- With patients that have already done several Artificial Inseminations without success.
- With older women who want to maximize the chances of success.
- In all cases, the partner’s or donor sperm can be used.
How does the treatment work?
What makes FIV Obradors different?
- Embryo culture D+5 (blastocyst stage).Whenever possible, cultivating embryos up to Day + 5 produces a better selection to increase the chances of success. There is no extra cost to the patient.
- Uninterrupted embryo culture. Using state-of-the-art incubators with an integrated Time-Lapse system at no extra cost to the patient. These incubators allow the development of the embryos to be monitored without removing them from the incubator, thanks to the photographs taken by a small camera incorporated in it. This enables the development of the embryo to be maximized and, furthermore, for us to make a film of the first days of life of the embryo, which the patient will receive at no extra cost.
- Automatic identification system of the biological samples (sperm, eggs and embryos)(IVFWitness).This system uses radio frequency micro-chips that avoid samples from different patients being mixedup and, therefore, it eliminates the risk of fatal human errors. It is included in all treatments. This technology is not mandatory in Catalonia and can only be found in three other IVF clinics in the country.
- Exhaustive selection of sperm donors (if applicable). We have an extremely exhaustive donor selection process which chooses healthy donors who are free of the 420 most frequent genetic diseases.