This is used with women who do not have functioning ovaries for medical reasons or who are, reproductively speaking, of advanced age. It works like IVF with the difference being the eggs are extracted from a donor who hands over their biological material to the patient.
Com funciona el tractament?
1 - First medical consultation (approx. 1h)
Study and analysis of your medical profile. Seminogram to validate its quality.
2 - Selection of the egg donor with exhaustive genetic study
We have a very deep selection process for donors. Egg donors are similar to the patient and has a compatible blood type with the partner. The donor is analysed for the 420 most important genetic diseases, as is the partner to ensure compatibility. Furthermore, donors are under 30 years old, and undergo an AMH ovarian reserve hormone study, karyotype and psychological study. Donor selection is key to having good reproductive results and to prevent medical, genetic and psychological problems for the future child.
3 - Anonyomous donor
The donor is 100% anonymous and has no rights or obligations regarding any children resulting from their eggs.
4 - Ovarian stimulation of the donor
The chosen donor begins stimulation following our instructions to obtain a good numbers of eggs but without causing her any kind of discomfort.
5 - Donor egg retrieval
Once the donor is ready, the egg retrieval is scheduled and the eggs are aspirated. All the eggs obtained are given to the couple in question. A donor does NOT donate eggs to more than one couple at a time.
6 - ICSI
The same day of the donor egg retrieval, the male partner must obtain a sperm sample so it can be washed and injected into the donor eggs. To maximize results, we avoid using frozen sperm and eggs.
7 - Embryo culture in a Time-Lapse incubator
Having injected one spermatozoa into each egg, we will put them in a nutrient-rich mediumand leave them in an incubator simulating the conditions naturally found inside the womb. This incubator has a camera that allows us to take a photo of the egg every 5 minutes so we can see the division of the eggs, that are now embryos, without disturbing the culture conditions.
8 - Embryo culture follow-up
We can leave the embryos in the incubator for up to 5 days, until they reach the blastocyte stage, which is when they have the highest reproductive potential. That will depend on each patient, especially on the number of embryos obtained. If there are not a lot of embryos we can also cultivate them for 2 or 3 days.
9 - Freezing all the embryos
Once the embryos have divided properly, we freeze them all to transfer them afterwards, just when the receptor patient is ready. At FIV Obradors, we guarantee you will have at least 4 top-quality embryos frozen at D+5. In this way, the accumulated pregnancy rate is clearly higher.
10 - Patient preparation
After freezing the embryos, and knowing how many there are and their characteristics, it is now time for you, as the patient, to prepare to receive them under the best possible conditions. To do this, you must take hormones to prepare the endometrium, or your cycle can be monitored to see the ideal moment for transferring the embryos. If you want, you can schedule the transfer for the day that best suits you.
11 - Embryo transfer
Whether with fresh or frozen embryos, the transfer is the placement of the embryos inside your womb. We do it in our operating theatre, without sedation, and you can leave the clinic on your own 30 minutes later. Legally speaking, we can transfer up to 3 embryos but, case per case, we will determine the best option to obtain the best results but avoiding twin pregnancies. After the transfer, we will give you a video of the photos taken of your embryo while it was in the Time-Lapse incubator. If the treatment works and you get pregnant, this will be the first video of your future baby.
12 - Maintenance the surplus embryos
Frozen embryos that have not been used will be frozen to be able to use them in the future. Freezing has no cost. We will keep 2 years without cost, and after this period, there will be an annual surcharge.
13 - Genetic selection of the obtained embryos
In some cases, when there are many frozen D+5 embryos, they can be analysed to choose the ones with no chromosome problems and, therefore, that have more reproductive potential and offer you more options of getting pregnant. There is an extra charge for the patient.
What makes FIV Obradors different?
- 1 donor = 1 patient. Egg donation for one sole patient. All the eggs obtained from your donor will be for you, they are not shared among different patients, so you have more chances of getting pregnant.
- At least 4 top-quality embryos at D+5 (blastocyst). To obtain a higher than average accumulated pregnancy rate, we guarantee that patients have a minimum of four top-quality embryos frozen. If not, we apply a 25% discount for each embryo we do not obtain. So, if we obtain 3, we apply a 25% discount; if we obtain 2, a 50% discount; if we obtain 1, a 75% discount, and if we do not obtain any embryos you do not pay anything. This is our promise.
- Exhaustive selection of egg donors (and of sperm, if necessary). We have an extremely exhaustive donor selection process that chooses healthy donors who are free of the 420 most common genetic diseases.
- Uninterrupted embryo culture.Using state-of-the-art incubators with an integrated Time-Lapse system at no extra cost to the patient. These incubators allow the development of the embryos to be monitored without removing them from the incubator, thanks to the photographs taken by a small camera incorporated in it. This enables the development of the embryo to be maximized and, furthermore, for us to make a film of the first days of life of the embryo, which the patient will receive at no extra cost.
- Blastocyst.Culture of the embryo up to day +5 of life enables a better selection of obtained embryos to increase the chances of success. At no extra cost.
- Automatic identification system of the biological samples (sperm, eggs and embryos)(IVFWitness). This system uses radio frequency micro-chips that avoid samples from different patients being mixedup and, therefore, it eliminates the risk of fatal human errors. It is included in all treatments. This technology is not mandatory in Spain and can only be found in three other IVF clinics in the country.
- Genetic Diagnosis of embryos option (PGD). If we obtain lots of good quality embryos at D+5, an extra genetic selection may be done to find the ones that have even more options of resulting in pregnancy. There is an extra charge for the patient.